What is the role of Wikileaks in Yemen and the “Arab Spring?” In Yemen, political revolt is in full swing. President Ali Abdullah Saleh has left the country for Saudi Arabia as the “Arab Spring” uprising causes bloodshed and a transformation in power structures.
The causes for this watershed event are many, but many wonder “What has been the role of Wikileaks?” At the recent Hay Festival, Julian Assange remarked that Wikileaks had ”played a significant role” but acknowledged that many factors are at play, not simply the influence of Wikileaks cable releases. This assessment by Julian Assange seems to be a balanced, honest representation of the impacts of Wikileaks on Yemen and the wider “Arab Spring.” In this article Wikileaks-Movie.com provides a few key resources that will introduce events in Yemen as related to Wikileaks and the “Arab Spring.”
Al Jazeera English — “Yemen update: Fighting Rages in Sanaa”
EuroNews: Both Sides Defiant in Yemen
The Guardian — “Arab spring: an interactive timeline of Middle East protests”
Ever since a man in Tunisia burned himself to death in December 2010 in protest at his treatment by police, pro-democracy rebellions have erupted across the Middle East. Our interactive timeline traces key events
Wikileaks-Movie.com — Yemen, Twitter and Smuggling the Real Time Wikileaks Movie into Our Lives
…In Yemen, a feared General known for smuggling is backing the opposition…People who have very little care about international diplomacy or “information freedom” are now engaged and learning. They now know where Yemen is on a map and have understanding about this country’s internal affairs…
LesleyBloodDotCom:US BOMBERS SUPPORT YEMENI Govt.
WikiLeaks cables: Yemen Offered US ‘open door’ to Attack Al-Qaida on its Soil
Dispatches reveal president’s secret deal to let US launch missile attacks on Aqap, but claim it as Yemen’s own work
The president of Yemen secretly offered US forces unrestricted access to his territory to conduct unilateral strikes against al-Qaida terrorist targets, the leaked US embassy cables reveal.
In a move that risked outraging local and Arab opinion, Ali Abdullah Saleh told Barack Obama’s deputy national security adviser, John Brennan, in September 2009: “I have given you an open door on terrorism. so I am not responsible,” according to a secret dispatch back to Washington.
Thank you for reading this Wikileaks-Movie.com update on Wikileaks, Yemen & the “Arab Spring.” It is important to follow issues in Yemen closely, and “connect the dots” to understand the role of Wikileaks and Julian Assange. This article builds on our expanding library of informative articles and updates related to all things Wikileaks including recent pieces on @exiledsurfer, James Spione’s “Incident in New Baghdad,”Greg Mitchell, The Ireland Cables, the PBS LulzSec Hack and Guantanamo Bay (Gitmo). It continues our tradition of highlighting relevant Wikileaksand Julian Assangenews and events as well as the many movies, films, DVD, televised specials and documentary film projects about this important story. Additionally, make sure to check in with Wikileaks-Movie.com with our massive “Go To” resource archive for online videos, film clips, trailers on Wikileaks as well as Julian Assange, Bradley Manning, Birgitta Jonsdottir , Lulz Sec &Anonymous.
Similar Wikileaks Movie Articles
- Smuggling Yemeni General…Manning Protesters Arrested…Hello…. Wikileaks Movie Trailer? (79.6%)
- Yemen, Twitter and Smuggling the Real Time Wikileaks Movie into Our Lives (79.6%)
- Julian Assange 60 Minutes Interview --- More Material for the Wikileaks Movie (21%)
- Oliver Stone - Legendary American Film Director and Screenwriter "Comments on Wikileaks, Julian Assange and Bradley Manning" (20.4%)
- Wikileaks-Movie.com ALERT! Irish Independent News Releases "The Ireland Cables" with Wikileaks (17%)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW! Director James Spione – 2011 Tribeca Winner for Best Documentary Short “Incident in New Baghdad” – On Filmmaking and Ethan McCord “Witness to Collateral Murder” (16.4%)
- PayPal Boycott by Anonymous, LulzSec & WikiLeaks — #OpPayPal Asks Supporters to Close PayPal Accounts (16.4%)
- Julian Assange…a Bill Maher Look Alike? (15.7%)
- One, Two… Now Three Wikileaks Movies in the Oven (15.7%)
- Move over Social Network, Here Comes a new Wikileaks Movie! (15.7%)
- Two New Wikileaks Books Released by the Guardian and New York Times (15.7%)
- Wikileaks Movie Plans are Multiplying - New Assange Movie Inspired by New York Times Magazine Story on Julian Assange (15.7%)
- WikiLeaks Movie & Documentary Film Update- Alex Gibney, The “Dishevelled Columbo” on a Quest for Understanding the WikiLeaks Story (15.7%)
- US State Department Caught Spying on United Nations (13.9%)
- India, PM Manmohan in Wikileaks Debate as Kuwait Wikileaks Launches (13.9%)