As reported recently in the Guardian (www.guardian.co.uk ) Washington is running a secret intelligence campaign targeted at the leadership of the United Nations, including the secretary general, Ban Ki-moon and the permanent security council representatives from China, Russia, France and the UK.
A classified directive which appears to blur the line between diplomacy and spying was issued to US diplomats under Hillary Clinton’s name in July 2009, demanding forensic technical details about the communications systems used by top UN officials, including passwords and personal encryption keys used in private and commercial networks for official communications.
It called for detailed biometric information “on key UN officials, to include undersecretaries, heads of specialised agencies and their chief advisers, top SYG [secretary general] aides, heads of peace operations and political field missions, including force commanders” as well as intelligence on Ban’s “management and decision-making style and his influence on the secretariat”. A parallel intelligence directive sent to diplomats in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi said biometric data included DNA, fingerprints and iris scans.
Similar Wikileaks Movie Articles
- It’s a Wikileaks Barbeque: State Department Grilled on Bradley Manning Prisoner Treatment (53.7%)
- United Nations Envoy Juan Mendez "Irked" Over Wikileaks Suspect Bradley Manning (47%)
- U.S. Backs Tunisian Dictatorship in "Pro-Democracy Uprising" (43.5%)
- U.S. Ambassador to Mexico Carlos Pascual Resigns Over Wikileaks Cables (33.1%)
- Daniel Ellsberg & Pentagon Papers Videos | Most Viewed (31.5%)
- Daniel Ellsberg & Pentagon Papers Videos | Most Recent (31.5%)
- Daniel Ellsberg & Pentagon Papers Videos | Highest Rated (31.5%)
- GITMO INTERVIEW SERIES | “The Guards at Guantanamo”, The First Hand Accounts from the Men & Women that Served There (28.9%)
- THE GITMO FILES: Jason Leopold, Investigative Journalist "Wikileaks Unlocks Gitmo Secrets & Horrible Truths" -- Interview with RT America (28.9%)
- P.J. Crowley, State Department Spokesman, Resigns Over Bradley Manning Comments (26.6%)
- Hillary Clinton Speech on Internet Freedom and Wikileaks (23.7%)
- Syrian Revolution Video, Film & News Library- Track Events in Syria and Get Involved! [MOST RECENT] (23.7%)
- Hillary Clinton Comments Spark LGBT & Drag Queen Action on Bradley Manning – Plus “Hillary-ous Gender Bending” REMIX ART (22.4%)
- Between a Barack and a Hard Place? Obama Video on Manning (21.9%)
- India, PM Manmohan in Wikileaks Debate as Kuwait Wikileaks Launches (20.4%)